- 17-Feb-2017 to 03-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Lexington, KY, USA
- Full Time
The Council of State Governments (CSG) is the nation's only organization serving all three branches of state government. CSG is a region-based forum that fosters the exchange of insights and ideas to help state officials shape public policy. This offers unparalleled regional, national and international opportunities to network, develop leaders, collaborate and create problem-solving partnerships. To learn more about CSG please visit our website at www.csg.org. We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Coordinator in our Lexington, KY headquarters.
Responsible for the administration of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for administration of all Accounts Receivable consisting of making daily decisions with processing of cash, checks, ACH's, wires and credit cards.
- Responsible for journal entries in the cash receipts journal and general ledger.
- Responsible for reconciling accounts receivable to the financial statements on a daily basis.
- Supports CSG business operations and serves as liaison to CSG affiliated organizational managers and employees.
- Responds to all A/R inquiries, determining best course of action through independent judgment and decision-making.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external individuals and entities.
- Prepares reports as needed by the A/R manager or CFO.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing job tasks and other related deliverables as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or higher in finance, accounting or related field preferred.
- Two years of Accounts Receivable experience required.
- Essential to have a working knowledge of basic accounting processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Microsoft Excel including creating basic formulas and sorting large amounts data
- Experience with Credit Card Merchant Processors
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge Software a plus
- Must be highly detail oriented
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with internal customers, vendors, and visitors in person, on the telephone, and on the computer to provide assistance.
- Frequently uses telephone to communicate.
- Occasionally moves objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds when moving office supplies.
- Frequently remains in a stationary position.
- Frequently uses the computer when typing documents and entering data.
- Frequently works in a well-lit, climate controlled room.
All interested candidates must complete the online application and upload a resume.
A job offer for this position will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)