- 09-Mar-2017 to 30-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators (NHCSL), an affiliate of The Council of State Governments, is the preeminent organization serving and representing the interests of Hispanic state legislators from all states, commonwealths, and territories of the United States. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for joint action on issues of common concern to all segments of the Hispanic community; a forum for information exchange and member networking; an institute for leadership training; a liaison with sister U.S. Hispanic organizations throughout the country; a promoter of public/private partnerships with business and labor; and a partner with Hispanic state or provincial legislators and their associations representing Central and South America. To learn more about NHCSL please visit us at www.nhcsl.org.
We are currently seeking and Administrative and Logistics Coordinator in our Washington, DC office.
- Provides administrative support to the executive director and staff including, but not limited to: scheduling appointments and meetings, arranging conference calls, scheduling travel arrangements and organizing travel itineraries.
- Reads and routes mail, organizes files, processes mass mailings; provides reception services and general administrative support to office staff as needed.
- Prepares expense reports and works with CSG to process bills, invoices and checks.
- Manages the organization's supplies and equipment; liaises with building management.
- Provides support in the planning and execution of conferences and/or events, including but not limited to registration, entertainment, transportation, facilities, technology, equipment, logistics, printing, and food and beverage.
- Develops related reports before and after meetings; assists in the preparation of program materials and collaborates with the graphic designer for publications.
- Participates in the strategic debriefing process for all meetings and events to ensure continual improvement of quality of service.
- Serves as liaison between contractors, organizers and management with regards to conferences and/or events.
- Compiles and prepares signage, name badges, tent cards and ensure that onsite equipment and supply needs are met.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets for conferences and/or events.
- Works closely with executive director and staff on various projects as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to manage multiple tasks and coordinate projects simultaneously in an efficient manner.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English and in Spanish (written and verbal), as well as possess exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized with written products and project management.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Able to work independently on projects and in a team setting.
- Able to prioritize and coordinate work assignments quickly and confidently to meet deadlines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with state government or a non-profit association preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience providing executive level administrative support, meeting planning coordination, or similar role required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
- Frequently communicates with coworkers and members regarding meetings and member communications.
- Frequently utilizes the computer to perform administrative duties such as drafting letters, agendas and documents.
- Frequently remains in a stationary position to perform desk duties.
- Frequently works in a well-lit, tempered room.
- Occasionally moves throughout office to make copies and prepare supplies.
- Seldom moves objects such as paper boxes and supplies with weight up to 25 pounds.
Applicants must complete the online application and include cover letter, resume and three professional references.
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled)